Procurement Card Program
The Des Moines Public School Procurement Card program provides district employees with a convenient and efficient means of purchasing permitted goods and services directly from vendors.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for a pCard?
For employees who make regular purchases or travel often, an individual pCard can be obtained by completing the following form: Request for Procurement Card – Individual. Once the request is completed and approved, the employee must complete all mandatory trainings and sign a Statement of Agreement. Employees should allow 30 days for receipt of their pCard.
How do request a credit limit increase?
If you need to make a single purchase valued $3,500 or higher, per district purchasing guidelines, you must work the Purchasing department to complete the necessary bids/RFP process. Complete the necessary steps with the Purchasing department, then submit the change request form.
What do I need to do to use a pCard internationally?
Are there items that cannot be purchased on a pCard?
- Personal Items
- Money Orders or Gift Cards
- Drugs/alcohol/narcotics/OTC medications
- Furniture, fixtures, and equipment valued at $1,000 or greater
- DMPS salaries, wages, and benefits
- Monthly contracts and subscriptions
- Gasoline for personal vehicles
If you have a question about an item you are planning to purchase please contact Accounts Payable prior to making that purchase to confirm compliance.
Can I purchase technology on a pCard?
How can I cancel a card?
What should I do if there's tax on a receipt?
Can I use a pCard online?
Can I use a pCard on Amazon?
- Before making the purchase review the Central Stores Catalog to determine whether the item or a like item is available.
- If purchasing through a third party on Amazon, you must confirm that our tax-exempt status is honored before making the purchase.
- Personal items should never be purchased on Amazon Business and personal credit cards should never be used for district purchases on Amazon.
- The district does not pay for additional shipping. DMPS Amazon Business utilizes Amazon Prime because of this the district is eligible for two-day shipping on most items.
- Care should be taken when purchasing any chemical such as bleach by checking with Custodial Supervision to ensure the purchase and use in a class setting is acceptable by state code.
- Purchaser should always achieve the best value by balancing the advantages of quality, durability, delivery time and other non-price considerations against the price, to obtain the maximum combined advantage to the school or department.