Becoming the model for urban education in the United States.
The Des Moines Public Schools Exist So That Graduates Possess the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to Be Successful at the Next Stage of Their Lives.
Students demonstrate proficiency and understanding of a rigorous core curriculum:
- They demonstrate proficiency in literacy; mathematics; and science. Students demonstrating below grade level performance will demonstrate significant growth each school year.
- Gaps between the lowest and highest performing students will be eliminated, including disproportionality by race, socio-economic status, and/or zip code of residence.
- Gaps in performance between students identified as Males of Color and other student groups will be eliminated.
- Third grade students will read at grade level. Students grades K-3 demonstrating below grade level performance in literacy skills will demonstrate significant growth each year.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency and understanding of Algebra.
- DMPS Preschool students will be socially, emotionally and academically ready for Kindergarten.
- They demonstrate financial and economic literacy.
- They demonstrate an understanding of the value of fine and performing arts in society.
- They demonstrate proficiency in technological and information literacy.