Please click on the appropriate link to find the required forms for elementary, middle and high school. Some forms must be printed and completed.
Within District Transfer (Between DMPS Schools)
Open Enrollment (Between Districts)
Cowles Montessori Preschool
*If you are unable to submit the application online, please contact the open enrollment department to have an application mailed to you. The open enrollment department can be reached by emailing email@example.com or by calling 242-7353. Please include your name and full street address in your email or voicemail. Requests to have applications mailed should be received by June 29, 2021. Additionally, applications must be received or postmarked on July 1, 2021 or later in order to be accepted. No early applications will be accepted.
- Elementary School and Early Childhood Handbook 2021- 22
- Middle School Handbook 2021-22
- East High School Student Handbook
- Hoover High School Student Handbook
- Lincoln High School Student Handbook
- North High School Student Handbook
- Roosevelt High School Student Handbook
Health Forms and Information
- Certificate of Dental Screening
- Certificate of Vision Screening
- Concussion Fact Sheet (signature required)
- Health and Well-being at School
- Information Regarding Medication at School
- Kindergarten letter
- Career/Tech Education
- District Calendars
- Student Discipline Code
- Extracurricular Code of Conduct
- Student Attendance Procedures
- Reglamento de Asistencia del Estudiante
- Emergency/Weather Closings
- Transportation Resource Guide
State Law Requires Lead Testing and Dental Screening
New state laws now require proof of blood lead testing of children entering kindergarten and dental screening of children entering kindergarten and 9th grades. Requirements for dental screening also apply to transfer students enrolling into an elementary or high school from a school outside of Iowa. Please check with your health care provider to see if your child has met these requirements. If you need assistance, please contact your school nurse or our Health Services Department at 515-242-7618.
Additionally, for $20, children over age three can visit the Polk County Health Department for their physical, immunization assessment, lead and hemoglobin blood test, dental screening and dental varnish if applicable. Children with no insurance, inadequate insurance or Title 19 can also receive free immunizations. Call 515-286-3798 to make an appointment.