Ready to Assist with Enrollment and Registration
The DMPS Welcome Center, located at 2100 Fleur Drive, provides assistance for families new to the district who want to learn more about the many educational opportunities available.
The Welcome Center also provides assistance to non-English speaking children who need additional support through the English Language Learner Program.
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Until the start of the school year, the Welcome Center will have extended hours on several days as follows:
- Thursday, July 25: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Monday, August 12: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 13: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 14: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Monday, August 19: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 20: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 21: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Thursday, August 22: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Please refer to the sections in the menu to the right for additional information, or contact the appropriate enrollment office listed below with your enrollment-related questions.
Whether you are seeking a half-day or full-day preschool program, the Early Childhood Staff is available to assist with enrolling students in the various programs offered by the district. The staff will describe the numerous programs offered to ensure the student has a quality preschool experience. No appointment necessary.
- Early Childhood: 515-242-7588
Whether you are enrolling your first child into kindergarten or are new to the community, the Enrollment Center Staff is available to help enroll children throughout the year. The staff will ensure proper documentation has been received, all records have been requested and families are advised to which school they are assigned. Appointments are appreciated but walk-ins are also welcomed.
- New Student Registration: 515-242-7371
Within-District Transfers and Open Enrollment
Whether you wish to enroll in a different DMPS school or a different school district, the Open Enrollment Staff is available to assist families with both programs. The staff will advise which paperwork is needed and is available to describe the process so families are familiar with the expectations. No appointment necessary.
- Within-District Transfers and Open Enrollment: 515-242-7353