All applicants for the vacancy must submit a Letter of Interest and Resume to the Des Moines Public Schools Board of Directors no later than Noon on Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
A Letter of Interest may include but is not limited to the following:
- Personal Data: name, address, e-mail address, phone number(s)
- Provide proof of residence in the District 1 boundaries.
- Career and Education
- Community and School Service Experience
- Including any family in district, volunteer experience in district, prior employment in district
- Home and Family
- Provide insight into your Knowledge, Skills and Experiences:
- Describe how your work, community, school service, and/or other experiences would assist the District to accomplish its Vision, Mission and Goals for increasing Student Achievement and Success.
- Describe how you would perform as a School Board
- Describe why you believe you would be the best candidate to be appointed to the Des Moines Public Schools Board of Directors
Applicants are also encouraged to attend “How the Board Works: a Workshop on Improving Student Achievement Through Effective Board Governance” on June 20, 2020 from 9:00 to 11:00 AM via Microsoft Teams. )To register for the workshop, please contact Erin Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.) Participation in this event will be a consideration in the Board’s deliberation. Details on connecting to the virtual workshop will be provided to applicants in advance.
Applicants should also feel free to contact School Board chair Kyrstin Delagardelle or vice chair Dwana Bradley with any questions about the selection process or School Board-related issues.
All required application materials should be submitted, no later than Noon on June 24, as follows:
MAIL, DELIVERY OR EMAIL
DMPS Board of Directors/Vacancy
ATTN: Erin Jenkins
2100 Fleur Drive
Des Moines, IA 50321
NOTE: Because DMPS office buildings are currently closed, if you want to deliver your materials to 2100 Fleur, please contact Erin Jenkins at either (515) 779-0499 or email@example.com to arrange a time.