NOTE: The events lists below have already taken place and the survey is completed. A report on the community input about the superintendent search, provided through the LET’S TALK events and online survey, has been prepared. To download a PDF of the report please click here.
The School Board is hosting LET’S TALK: Searching for the Next DMPS Superintendent, an opportunity for the public to learn about and be engaged in this process. LET’S TALK consists of several events around the community in the coming weeks where people can learn more about the plans being made for the search process as well as ask questions and share thoughts on the next DMPS Superintendent. Light refreshments will be provided.
Information gathered during these events will be used by the School Board in finalizing their search plans as well as the qualities and qualifications desired in the next Superintendent.
Please see the list of events below. If you have interested in attending, please complete the RSVP form at the bottom of this page.
The public is invited to join the School Board at any of the LET’S TALK events list below:
- Saturday, November 5 – 10:00 AM – East High School Cafeteria
- Wednesday, November 9 – 5:30 PM – Harding Middle School Library
- Thursday, November 10 – 7:00 PM – Virtual Event*
- Saturday, November 12 – 10:00 AM – Central Campus (TEACHERS/STAFF ONLY)
- Tuesday, November 15 – 9:00 AM – Virtual Event*
- Thursday, November 17 – 5:30 PM – Monroe Elementary School Community Center
- Thursday, November 17 – 6:00 PM – Conmigo Educational Center (Spanish language)
- Monday, November 21 – 7:00 PM – Virtual Event* (TEACHERS/STAFF ONLY)
- Tuesday, November 29 – 5:00 PM – Oakridge Neighborhood
- Wednesday, November 30 – 6:00 PM – Urban Dreams
- Thursday, December 1 – 5:30 PM – Brody Middle School Library
- Wednesday, December 7 – 5:30 PM – Hubbell Elementary School Library
* An RSVP is required for the virtual events in order to receive a link to the session
NOTE: Additional events are being held for DMPS teachers and staff on November 12 (in-person) and November 21 (virtual). DMPS employees should use the RSVP below to indicate which event they would like to attend.