DES MOINES. THE PLACE TO LIVE AND WORK.
Des Moines is a vibrant, innovative and diverse city.
Downtown Des Moines offers amenities usually found only in major cities.
Experience the unique shopping offered in the East Village. Dine at world class restaurants. Enjoy countless entertainment opportunities at Wells Fargo Arena and the Des Moines Civic Center. Expand your horizons at the Science Center of Iowa and Downtown Library. Cheer for an NBA D-league team, the Chicago Cubs’ AAA club or the Minnesota Wild’s AHL franchise.
Find unique housing options at several lofts and townhome developments. Visit one of the nation’s largest farmers’ markets as well as the top-ranked arts festival. Listen to summer concerts along the banks of the Des Moines River or on the steps of the State Capitol. Take a leisurely stroll through the Pappajohn Sculpture Park or along the Principal Riverwalk.
Throughout Des Moines are dozens of neighborhoods, each with its own personality and style. You will not only find great places to live but will discover a new favorite coffee shop, locally owned restaurants and food markets, unique clothing stores, and much more.
And Des Moines – along with the entire metro area – is connected by a series of parks and trails so you can enjoy a bike ride, walk or run on a warm summer day, under the colored leaves of autumn, or on a blanket of fresh fallen snow.
In fact, Des Moines’ Gray’s Lake Park was recognized as one of the nation’s best outdoor places and central Iowa is intertwined with more than a hundred miles of scenic biking, running and walking trails.
Don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what others have to say about Des Moines:
- One of the U.S. Cities Best Positioned to Bounce Back from the Pandemic – Moody’s Analytics, 2020
- Des Moines is #5 in Best Places to live in the U.S. – U.S. News and World Report, 2020
- Des Moines is #3 Top Midwestern U.S. City for Women in STEM Occupations – CommercialCafe™, 2020
- Des Moines is #2 in safest places to live in the U.S. – U.S. News and World Report, 2020
- Des Moines is the #1 Most Affordable Place to Buy Your First Home – Bloomberg
- Des Moines is the #3 Best Place to Live with a Low Cost of Living – Business Insider
- Des Moines is in the Top 10 Best Places to Live – U.S. News & World Report
- Des Moines is the #1 Best City for the Middle Class – Business Insider
- Des Moines is the #1 Place for Business and Careers – Forbes
- Des Moines ranks #1 “Best Cities for Families” – Kiplinger
- Des Moines Named No. 5 in Top 100 Best Cities for Families – Parenting Magazine
- Greater Des Moines Ranks #1 Best City for Young Professionals – Forbes
- Des Moines ranks #2 Best Place for Business. – Forbes
- Des Moines is the #1 richest metro in the nation. – US News & World Report
- Des Moines is the #1 city in the US for home renters. – Time Magazine
- Iowa ranks #9 for best state for business. – CNBC
- Des Moines ranks in the top 10 “Best Cities for the Next Decade.” – Kiplinger
- Des Moines ranks #1 as the “Best Place for Business and Careers.” – Forbes
- Des Moines is one of the 20 strongest-performing metro areas. – Brookings
- Des Moines is the #6 healthiest place to live – Parenting Magazine