Welcome to the DMPS Substitute Center.
Here at Des Moines Public Schools we have upwards of 500 Substitute Teachers and Associates. They are an integral part of this district and the education of our students.
For educators wanting to serve as substitute teachers at DMPS, we offer the most competitive pay in the Des Moines metro:
- Long-Term Substitutes: $165 per day (1-10 days), $180 per day (10+ days)
- Assigned Substitutes: $180 per day
- Retired DMPS Educators: $165 per day
- All Other Substitutes: $150 per day
If you are interested in joining DMPS, learn more about becoming a Substitute Teacher or Substitute Associate.
After you are hired and have been registered on a district computer, you will have access to the following links:
- Absence Management (formerly Aesop) – Access to substitute assignments.
- Employee Email – Your district email account.
- 2020-21 Substitute Reference Guide
- Employee Online – Payroll information
- Vector Solutions Training platform
- How to navigate to the Vector Solutions Training module: Welcome to DMPS as a Substitute!
If you have any questions or need help navigating any of the following links, please contact us: