CLAT Events for 2020
Want to make your voice heard in support of public education and our schools in Des Moines? Attend any or all of the following events being sponsored by the Community Legislative Action Team:
CLAT 2020 KICK-OFF COFFEE WITH DMPS ADMINISTRATION
All are welcome to attend a meeting on Saturday, November 16, 2019 from 10:00 – 11:30 AM at the DMPS Central Campus, 1800 Grand Ave. The meeting will be a chance to discuss priorities and advocacy plans for the 2020 legislative session working on behalf of public schools. Hear presentations from Superintendent Dr. Thomas Ahart, Early Childhood Programs Administrator Susie Guest and Director of English Language Learners Pablo Ortega.
MONTHLY LEGISLATIVE COFFEE
Get updates from Des Moines-area legislators on education-related issues at our monthly coffees, held on the second Saturday of each month from 9:00 – 10:30 AM starting in January.
- Jan. 11 – Brubaker Elementary School (Cancelled due to weather)
- Feb. 8 – Hoover High School (FY 21 District Budget Presentation)
- March 14 – Callanan Middle School (Canceled due to COVID-19 direction from CDC)
- April 11 – Brody Middle School (Canceled due to COVID-19 direction from CDC)
- DAY ON THE HILL – Event Cancelled
Follow the Community Legislative Action Team on Facebook for event updates.