Des Moines Public Schools is Iowa’s largest school district, offering more career paths and choices than any other district in Iowa.
We are home to educators who are recognized throughout the state and across the country as the best in their fields and they educate the top scholars in the state who go on to attend leading colleges and universities around the world.
We boast the largest collection of innovative educational programs, including:
- Iowa’s only public Montessori school.
- According to the Belin-Blank Center for Gifted Education, our Central Academy’s “record of excellence with Advanced Placement is an honor for the entire state of Iowa,” producing more National AP Scholars in one recent year than 13 entire states!
- The Downtown School is regarded as a national model, and our Career & Tech Institute delivers training in everything from culinary arts to aviation technology, a scope that is rare in districts with comparable profiles.
Des Moines Public Schools offers a great variety of positions and the best compensation packages in central Iowa. If you are looking for great career opportunities in education, then you are looking at the right place. Explore your areas of interest below.
We anticipate hiring at all grade levels and content areas for the 2017-18 school year. Please begin the application process using the link here. All applicants will be reviewed as specific building vacancies become available. Our hiring season begins in February.
- English Language Learning (ELL) Positions
- Elementary Teaching Positions
- Middle Schools Teaching Positions
- High School Teaching Positions
- Special Education Teaching Positions
- Student Service Related Teaching Positions
- Summer School Positions
- Teacher Leader Compensation Positions
- Kofu Teacher Exchange Positions