Great Opportunities for Dedicated Educators
Des Moines Public Schools is Iowa’s largest school district, offering more career paths and choices than any other district in Iowa.
We are home to educators who are recognized throughout the state and across the country as the best in their fields and they educate the top scholars in the state who go on to attend leading colleges and universities around the world.
We boast the largest collection of innovative educational programs, including:
- Iowa’s only public Montessori school.
- According to the Belin-Blank Center for Gifted Education, our Central Academy’s “record of excellence with Advanced Placement is an honor for the entire state of Iowa,” producing more National AP Scholars in one recent year than 13 entire states!
- The Downtown School is regarded as a national model, and our Career & Tech Institute delivers training in everything from culinary arts to aviation technology, a scope that is rare in districts with comparable profiles.
DMPS also offers the Blue Contract, an opportunity for teachers to earn a Master’s degree tuition free from Drake University in Des Moines.
Attention current DMPS teachers: DMPS and GrandView University have a special opportunity for teachers committed to increasing their capacity to serve English Language Learners, who make up nearly 22% of our student population. The EMPOWER program offers current DMPS teachers the opportunity to obtain their ELL endorsement FREE of charge. Tuition, book fees, and application fees are covered by the grant. The first cohort is set to begin Jan. 22, 2018.
The district is hosting three information sessions to offer more details about the structure of the program. They will be held on Thursday, Nov. 2, Thursday, Nov. 16, and Tuesday, Nov. 21, from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. at the Meadows Plaza View Room (Student Center 201), East 14th Street and Grandview Avenue.
All current DMPS teachers will be considered for acceptance, with priority given to kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades, secondary level Language Arts Teachers and Secondary level content teachers. Space is limited. Click here to apply now.
Des Moines Public Schools offers a great variety of positions and the best compensation packages in central Iowa. If you are looking for great career opportunities in education, then you are looking at the right place. Explore your areas of interest below.
- English Language Learning (ELL) Positions
- Elementary Teaching Positions
- Middle Schools Teaching Positions
- High School Teaching Positions
- Special Education Teaching Positions
- Student Service Related Teaching Positions
- Summer School Positions
- Teacher Leader Compensation Positions
- Kofu Teacher Exchange Positions