DMPS Students Qualify for National Speech & Debate Tourney
Several DMPS student are heading to the nation’s top speech and debate tournament after this weekend’s National Tournament Qualifier at Okoboji High School.
Nine students qualified to compete at the National Speech & Debate Tournament in Dallas this upcoming June.
National qualifiers (and their grade level) are:
- Public Forum Debate: Andy Anderson (11th ) and Ted Appel (12th)
- Public Forum Debate: Akanksha Chilukuri (11th) and Elena Hildebrandt (12th)
- Dramatic Interpretation: Rachel Wade (10th)
- Dramatic Interpretation: Nour Harzallah (12th)
- International Extemporaneous Speaking: Daniel Drane (11th)
- Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking: Ellie Konfrst (9th)
Several other Roosevelt students secured positions as alternates in their respective events: Jacob Appel (12th), Mary Beth Armstrong (9th), Regan Copple (11th), Wyatt Johnson (9th), Jade Miller (10th), Jane Rice (11th), Jacob Thompson (10th) and Claire Wallace (9th)
- Humorous Interpretation: Carlos Santiago (12th)
Alternates from Lincoln: Phylicia Brown (12), Giovanni Bahena (11), Ashley May (12), and Aspyn Butler (9).