DMPS Students Qualify for National Speech & Debate Tourney
Nine students qualified to compete at the National Speech & Debate Tournament in Dallas this upcoming June.
National qualifiers (and their grade level) are:
- Public Forum Debate: Andy Anderson (11th ) and Ted Appel (12th)
- Public Forum Debate: Akanksha Chilukuri (11th) and Elena Hildebrandt (12th)
- Dramatic Interpretation: Rachel Wade (10th)
- Dramatic Interpretation: Nour Harzallah (12th)
- International Extemporaneous Speaking: Daniel Drane (11th)
- Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking: Ellie Konfrst (9th)
Several other Roosevelt students secured positions as alternates in their respective events: Jacob Appel (12th), Mary Beth Armstrong (9th), Regan Copple (11th), Wyatt Johnson (9th), Jade Miller (10th), Jane Rice (11th), Jacob Thompson (10th) and Claire Wallace (9th)
- Humorous Interpretation: Carlos Santiago (12th)
Alternates from Lincoln: Phylicia Brown (12), Giovanni Bahena (11), Ashley May (12), and Aspyn Butler (9).