The Des Moines Public Schools exist so that graduates possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful at the next stage of their lives.
Volunteers play a very important role in helping the district accomplish its mission. We want to thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer in our district. Your time will make a positive difference in the success of our students.
As a volunteer, you may:
- Help with reading, math, or other education activities like art, music, etc.
- Provide supervision in common spaces like the cafeteria or out at recess
- Assist students at crosswalks before and after school.
- Help with other non-school day items like graphic design, translations, gardening, etc.
- Support a school sport or activity.
- And, more!
If you would like to volunteer your time, please complete the application by clicking on the link in the right-hand menu.
Des Moines Public Schools has a responsibility for, and a strong commitment to, ensuring the safety of the students we serve. To this end, all volunteers must give their consent to the district allowing for the request of information concerning their criminal history.
Please complete all parts of the forms provided. This will enable us to process your application as quickly as possible.
The success of our students requires commitment from the entire community. We’re excited for the support that you will provide in our relentless pursuit of our mission!