Des Moines Public Schools is committed to making sure every student has access to the technology necessary to be success virtual learners, including computer devices and internet access.
Student computers will be distributed by schools and be assigned to students. This assignment will follow the student regardless of which DMPS school they attend. Each school will contact parents as to when their distribution will take place.
Each school will also have a limited number of Wi-Fi hotspots to distribute to students in need of internet connectivity in their homes. The hotspots will be assigned to students but will not follow the student if they transfer to another DMPS school. If a student transfers or leaves the district these hotspots must be turned back into the school.
We have ordered computer bags for student computers. Unfortunately, they will not arrive in time for the computer distribution. We will send the bags out to the buildings as soon as we receive them.
- This resource provides guidance on creating a parent/guardian account and pairing with their student account.
- If the student is unable to provide a pairing code for the parent/guardian, school administrators have this ability as well and the parents/guardians should reach out.
*Note: DMPS employees who are also parents must use a personal, non-district email account to create their parent/guardian account.
If you/your student are experiencing computer issues or technology problems:
- Contact your teacher. If it is a minor technology issue, your teacher could help. If it is beyond their level, they will direct you to the next step.
- Call the Technology Help Desk: 515-242-8221
STUDENT DEVICE GUIDE
- Student Device Guide – Arabic
- Student Device Guide – Mayanmar
- Student Device Guide – Nepali
- Student Device Guide – Somali
- Student Device Guide – Spanish
- Student Device Guide – Swahili
- Student Device Guide – Vietnamese
HOT SPOT GUIDE