Board Hosts Events, Launches Survey for Superintendent Search
LET’S TALK: Searching for the Next DMPS Superintendent . . .
As the Des Moines School Board begins the work of selecting the school district’s leader, they are launching “LET’S TALK: Searching for the Next DMPS Superintendent,” an opportunity for the public to learn about and be engaged in this process. LET’S TALK consists of a series of in-person and virtual events along with an online survey.
The first event kicks off this Saturday, November 5 at East High School.
“Selecting a Superintendent is one of the most important decisions a School Board makes, and we want to provide the public an opportunity to understand our process, ask us questions, and share their thoughts,” said Teree Caldwell-Johnson, vice chair of the Des Moines School Board. “A Superintendent is a leader in our community as well as of the school district, and so we want to invite members of the community to be engaged in this process.”
LET’S TALK consists of several events around the community in the coming weeks where people can learn more about the plans being made for the search process as well as ask questions and share thoughts on the next DMPS Superintendent. In addition, an online survey is available through December 7 for members of the community to provide feedback and input.
Information gathered through LET’S TALK will be used by the School Board in finalizing their search plans as well as the qualities and qualifications desired in the next Superintendent.
For additional information, including to RSVP for the public events as well as complete the online survey, please visit superintendentsearch.dmschools.org.
Below are details on the public events and survey:
The public is invited to join the School Board at any of the LET’S TALK events list below:
- Saturday, November 5 – 10:00 AM – East High School Cafeteria
- Wednesday, November 9 – 5:30 PM – Harding Middle School Library
- Thursday, November 10 – 7:00 PM – Virtual Event*
- Tuesday, November 15 – 9:00 AM – Virtual Event*
- Thursday, November 17 – 5:30 PM – Monroe Elementary School Community Center
- Wednesday, November 30 – 6:00 PM – Urban Dreams
- Thursday, December 1 – 5:30 PM – Brody Middle School Library
- Wednesday, December 7 – 5:30 PM – Hubbell Elementary School Library
* An RSVP is required for the virtual events in order to receive a link to the session. People are encouraged to RSVP for in-person sessions to help in accommodating attendees. To RSVP, visit superintendentsearch.dmschools.org and select “Let’s Talk Events.”
NOTE: Additional events are being planned for DMPS teachers and staff as well as students.
The public is encouraged to participate in an online survey to provide their input on the Superintendent search process. The online survey is open to the public through December 7.
To complete the survey, visit superintendentsearch.dmschools.org and select “Let’s Talk Online Survey.”