Public Forums Set for 2012 School Budget Discussion
Des Moines Public Schools will hold a series of public forums to discuss the proposed budget for fiscal year 2012. Forums will be held on the following dates and will last approximately an hour:
- Tuesday, March 22, Weeks Middle School Library, 901 SE Park Ave., 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 26, Hiatt Middle School Cafeteria, 1214 E. 15th St., 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 29, Callanan Middle School Auditorium, 3010 Center St., 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 5, City Hall Chambers, 400 Robert D. Ray Dr., 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 12, City Hall Chambers, 400 Robert D. Ray Dr., 6 p.m.
The public is encouraged to attend a forum to talk with district representatives and school board members about concerns, as well as to have questions answered.
The district’s proposed budget for fiscal year 2012 will be released on Friday, March 4, 2011. Budget information will be posted on the district website on Friday afternoon.