Kindergarten Registration Information for the 2012-13 School Year
ALREADY HAVE CHILDREN ATTENDING DMPS?
Parents or guardians who already have children attending school in the district (including preschool) may register as follows:
- Kindergarten registration for “traditional calendar” elementary schools will be held at each school on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 from 2:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Kindergarten registration for “continuous calendar” schools (Capitol View, Moulton, River Woods, and the Downtown School) will be held at those schools on Thursday, February 9, 2012 from 1:00 to 7:00 p.m.
NEW TO DMPS?
Families who are new to the district can register one of the following ways:
- Visit the Welcome Center on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. No appointment is needed during this time.
- Visit North High School (501 Holcomb) on Tuesday, March 6, 2012 or Tuesday, March 27, 2012 from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. No appointment is needed during this time.
- Call the Welcome Center at (515) 242-7371 to make an appointment to register your kindergartner.
The Welcome Center is located at 1301 2nd Avenue. Hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Everyone is required to bring the following documents to kindergarten registration:
- Birth certificate or another proof of birth date for your child;
- Resident verification (two of the following items: rental or purchase agreement, valid identification, utility bill, cell phone bill or credit card statement);
- Immunization records;
- Home Language Survey (download and print by clicking here);
- Registration form (download and print by clicking here).
NOTE: Home Language Survey and Registration will open as PDFs in a new window.
Please be aware that children must be five years old by September 15, 2012 to enroll for the 2012-2013 school year.
Families may call 515-242-7725 with any questions about the kindergarten registration process.