DMPS Earns Honors for Communications
Des Moines Public Schools earned recognition for several of its communications efforts last night from the Iowa School Public Relations Association (ISPRA), including for the district’s work to enhance its online presence with a new web site and use of social media.
“In many ways, a web site is the front door to an organization. We’ve been working hard this year to make sure there’s a welcome mat at our front door thanks to a newly designed web site that also integrates several social media tools,” said Phil Roeder, director of community relations for Des Moines Public Schools. “It’s an honor to have our efforts recognized by our peers.”
Des Moines Public Schools earned the “Blue & Gold Award,” representing top honors in a category, for several entries. These included the school district’s new web site at www.dmschools.org; the district’s integrated use of social media, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and Tumblr; the DMPS Community Report, a newsletter distributed to all families and employees every-other month; a new poster of the district’s mission statement, distributed to every classroom in the district; and the district-wide map, which doubles as an informational brochure about the school district.
ISPRA also presented Des Moines Public Schools with an Award of Excellence for the news reports of DMPS-TV, the design of two new logos, and a new human resources brochure.
The following is a list of the awards earned by Des Moines Public Schools:
BLUE & GOLD AWARD
- Web Site: the new Des Moines Public Schools site at www.dmschools.org
- Social Media: facebook.com/DMschools, twitter.com/DMschools, flickr.com/dmps, youtube.com/dmpstv, dmschools.tumblr.com
- Newsletter: DMPS Community Report
- Poster: DMPS Mission Statement
- Marketing Materials: DMPS Map
AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
- Electronic Media: DMPS-TV News
- Image, Logo or Identity Changes: DMPS-TV Rebranding
- Image, Logo or Identity Changes: Des Moines Public Schools Foundation Logo
- Marketing Materials: A Great Place to Live and Learn (human resources brochure)