In the face-to-face learning model, DMPS Preschool students will attend school 4 days per week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. When not in the building for face-to-face instruction, students will be engaged in virtual learning. All other students will participate in the 100% virtual learning model.
Masks will be required, and parents will drop off and pick up students in the parking lot to identified classroom staff.
Other key points about preschool this semester at DMPS include:
- Students will attend either morning or afternoon or full day depending on the classroom that the parent has chosen.
- Cohorts of children will remain together to mitigate spread.
- Class sizes have been reduced for social distancing.
- All meals will be eaten in the classroom.
- Masks breaks will be given during mealtime, outdoor play, and naptime if applicable.
- On Wednesdays, students will have self-paced activities to reinforce and complement experiences from the Learning-at-School Days. Those activities may be a combination of paper-pencil and online form.
- Students could receive support from Special Education services and Gifted and Talented services if they are eligible.
- Office hours and other support from school staff will be available to provide learning help and family support services.