Participation in the hybrid learning model does carry an increased risk of being exposed to COVID-19. DMPS will do everything we can to lessen that risk, but cannot prevent anyone from being exposed to, contracting, or becoming ill from COVID-19. Parents should consult with their child’s healthcare provider about the advisability of attending school in person during the COVID-19 pandemic.
DMPS will implement steps recommended by public health officials, such as:
- requiring face coverings in school buildings and buses
- social distancing to the largest extent possible (although DMPS cannot consistently provide 6+ feet of distance between students and staff)
- encouraging proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- cleaning and disinfecting school buildings
- collaborating with public health agencies on contact tracing efforts
Parents who do not believe these steps will adequately protect their child and family may enroll in the 100% virtual learning option.