The third issuance of Revenue Bonds by DMPS was in the amount of $70,000,000 ($10,000,000 in Bank Qualified Bonds and $60,000,000 in Non-Bank Qualified). The bond issuance took place in the spring 0f 2014.
The following school projects, all of which are completed, used these bond proceeds as follows:
- JF Taylor @ Casady Education Center – New school building.
- Central Campus – Continued improvements.
- Harding and Hiatt Middle Schools – Window replacements.
- McCombs Middle School – Bleacher replacement.
- McKee Education Center – Mechanical and electrical upgrades, parking.
- Merrill Middle School – Three classroom addition and elevator.
- Mitchell Education Center – Student drop-off.
- Moore – Mechanical and electrical upgrades
- Moulton Elementary School – Mechanical upgrade.
- North High School – Athletic wing and auditorium mechanical and electrical upgrades.
- Perkins Elementary School – Four classroom addition
- Rails Academy at Kurtz – Window and door replacement, mechanical/electrical upgrade, asbestos abatement, data and communications upgrade, security and technology upgrades.
- River Woods Elementary School – Four classroom addition to eliminating temporary buildings.
- Ruby Van Meter – Mechanical and electrical upgrades. Open classrooms
- Ruby Van Meter – Office addition
- Smouse – Mechanical and electrical upgrades parallel to use of Smouse trust fund dollars.
- Various district – wide ADA, security, technology upgrades.
To view our current SAVE and PPEL five-year plans visit the link in the menu to the right.