Thanks to the partnership between Des Moines Public School and Drake University, teachers who have already begun their careers may also take advantage of the opportunity to earn an MSE:
- Drake’s MSE. in Culturally Responsive Leadership and Instruction has six required courses focusing on effective teaching, cultural proficiency, and teacher leadership. Students may then select five classes from the following elective strands: DMPS, Leadership, Equity in Mathematics, STEM, ELL, SPED, Reading, or Gifted and Talented.
- Tuition offered at a significant reduction of only $330/credit hour (otherwise $475/credit). This saves a DMPS grad student just under $5,000 by the end of the degree.
- Salary increases at BA + 15, BA + 30, and MA, MA +15, MA + 30
- The mandatory courses in the degree were created with DMPS’ administrators, coaches, teachers, and Drake faculty to ensure practical application of the theoretical works we study to a DMPS classroom. Program explicitly designed to complement your experience as a DMPS teacher.
- Develop leadership capacity – several of our graduate students are in leadership roles: mentors, school leadership teams, PLC leaders, demonstration classroom teachers, innovation teachers, leading cultural proficiency professional development
- Cohort of DMPS teachers to learn alongside
- Classes are a combination of weekend, evenings, and online
- Program is six semesters long – completed in two calendar years
FOR MORE INFORMATION