During the COVID-19 building closures Des Moines Public Schools provided more than 500,000 meals to hungry children. The service is continuing through the summer. The sites listed below will provide meals to children ages 1 – 18. The meal sites are open weekdays from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MEAL SITES
- Capitol View Elementary, 320 East 16th St.
- King Elementary, 1849 Forest Ave.
- Lovejoy Elementary, 801 E. Kenyon Ave.
- McKinley Elementary, 1610 SE 6th St.
- Monroe Elementary, 3015 Francis Ave.
- Moulton Elementary, 1541 8th St.
- Samuelson Elementary, 3929 Bel Aire Rd.
- River Woods Elementary, 2929 SE 22nd St.
MIDDLE SCHOOL MEAL SITES
- Brody Middle School, 2501 Park Ave.
- Callanan Middle School, 3010 Center St.
- Goodrell Middle School, 3300 E. 29th St.
- Harding Middle School, 203 East Euclid Ave.
- Hiatt Middle School, 1430 East University Ave.
- Hoyt Middle School, 2700 East 42nd St.
- McCombs Middle School, 201 County Line Road
- Meredith Middle School, 4827 Madison Ave.
- Merrill Middle School, 5301 Grand Ave.
- Weeks Middle School, 901 East Park Ave.
AUXILIARY COMMUNITY MEAL SITES
- Deer Ridge Apartments, 6000 Creston Ave.
- The Meadows, 2525 County Line Rd.
- Watchman Center, 2723 Euclid Ave.
- Homes of Oakridge, 1401 Center St.
Blue = Elementary School / Yellow = Middle School / Red = Auxiliary Site
If you would like to donate to the effort to feed students through the weekend, please find an online donation form, here.
Checks may also be sent to:
DMPS Food and Nutrition
c/o Jessica Buchheit
2100 Fleur Dr.
Des Moines, IA 50321