Join DMPS and DMPL at one of a series of community discussions in October on Esperanza Rising. The award-winning book is part of the DMPS 5th grade curriculum and is being read alongside the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which will also be discussed at the events.
Each discussion will be led by DMPS staff, and additional Community Reads programs will be announced in the future.
Join us as we encourage dialogue about the books our school-age children are reading!
NOTE: Check out a print, audio, or digital copy of Esperanza Rising from any DMPL. Special book discussion copies are available in both English and Spanish at each location, while supplies last.
Each Community Reads discussion will begin at 6:00 PM on the following days and locations:
- Thursday, October 6 – Central Library, 1000 Grand Avenue
- Thursday, October 6 – North Side Library, 3516 Fifth Avenue
- Tuesday, October 11 – East Side Library, 2559 Hubbell Avenue
- Tuesday, October 11 – Forest Avenue Library, 1326 Forest Avenue
- Wednesday, October 12 – Franklin Avenue Library, 5000 Franklin Avenue
- Wednesday, October 12 – South Side Library, 1111 Porter Avenue