Des Moines Public Schools will begin a phased reopening of its offices across the district on Monday, July 20 to help serve families, staff and the community as we all get ready to return to learn for the 2020-21 school year.
Please call in advance to schedule an appointment. For more information regarding how to enroll a new student, please visit our Welcome Center web page.
To maintain the safest possible environment for all during the COVID-19 pandemic, the following is required when visiting any DMPS building:
- Call and make an appointment. Contact the main phone number of a school to set up a time (click here for a directory of our schools).
- Walk-ins will be asked to return at a later time.
- All staff and visitors must wear a face mask.
- Maintain suggested physical distancing of 6 ft. between yourself and others.
- Bring the minimum number of people needed to accomplish your task.
- Reschedule your appointment if you are not feeling well.
The number of staff in school and administrative offices during this phase will be limited. More details on further office openings will be announced at a future date.
DMPS is taking several steps to prepare school buildings for this initial office opening as well as limited in-person classes starting next month, from installing plexiglass shields in public spaces to replacing drinking fountains with water bottle stations to providing hand sanitizers at numerous locations, and more.
DMPS is excited to continue planning for the start of the new school year, and look forward to returning to learn in ways that support our students as well as the health of our community.