Spring Break Trip to Washington, DC
ANNUAL CLOSE UP – WASHINGTON, D.C. TRIP
Next spring, 8th graders and high school students at Des Moines Public Schools will have the opportunity to register for a one-of-a-kind educational trip to Washington DC and Philadelphia during Spring Break 2016. The trip is sponsored by Close Up, a non-profit, non-partisan organization that works with students and educators to promote active citizenship. Close Up has 40 years of experience in history education and has welcomed over 750,000 students and teachers to Washington, DC. This will be the third year DMPS has offered this opportunity.
Below is additional information about the trip, including some upcoming informational meetings for students and their families:
WHO: Des Moines Public Schools 8th graders and high school students
WHAT: Close Up is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that works with students and educators to promote active citizenship. Close Up has 40 years of experience in history education and has welcomed over 750,000 students and teachers to Washington, DC.
WHERE: Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia
WHEN: Sunday, March 13, 2016 to Thursday, March 18, 2016 (spring break)
PRICE (and what is included):
- Roundtrip airfare out of Des Moines.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) beginning with dinner on Sunday and ending with lunch on Thursday
- All transportation around Washington DC (by coach bus)
- Secondary health insurance and access to Georgetown Pediatric Center
- 24-hour adult supervision, including night monitors and dedicated program staff
- Hotel accommodations at a high-quality Metro accessible hotel
- The price will be approximately $1,700.00 for middle school students and $1,900 for high school students
Download the following forms for additional information about costs, schedules and more:
FURTHER QUESTIONS? CONTACT: