Please click on the appropriate link to find the required forms for elementary, middle and high school. All forms must be printed and completed.
Within District Transfer, Open Enrollment and Preschool application notification: The application period for the 2018-19 school year has ended. If you have moved within the last 60 days, please contact your current school for an application. Otherwise, please select the link below to apply for the 2019-20 school year. Decisions for the 2019-20 School Year will not be made until late April 2019.
Within District Transfer
Open Enrollment (Between District)
Cowles/Walnut Street Preschool
*Walnut Street School applications are now handled by the preschool department. They will begin accepting applications in March 2019.
- Elementary Handbook 2018-19
- Manual de la Escuela Elementaria 2018-19
- Middle School Handbook 2018-19
- Manual de la Escuela Secundaria 2018-19
- East Student Handbook
- Hoover Student Handbook
- Lincoln Student Handbook
- North Student Handbook
- Roosevelt Student Handbook 2017-18
- Scavo Student Handbook
- Elementary School Student Physical Form
- Middle/High School Student Physical Form
- Middle School Athletics Registration Form
- Authorization for Exchange of Health Information
- Request for Giving Medicine at School
- Permiso Para Dar Medicamento en La Escuela
- Medication Consent Form
- Certificate of Dental Screening
- Concussion Fact Sheet (signature required)
- Career/Tech Education
- District Calendars
- Student Discipline Code
- Extracurricular Code of Conduct
- Student Attendance Procedures
- Reglamento de Asistencia del Estudiante
- Emergency/Weather Closings
- Transportation Resource Guide
State Law Requires Lead Testing and Dental Screening
New state laws now require proof of blood lead testing of children entering kindergarten and dental screening of children entering kindergarten and 9th grades. Requirements for dental screening also apply to transfer students enrolling into an elementary or high school from a school outside of Iowa. Please check with your health care provider to see if your child has met these requirements. If you need assistance, please contact your school nurse or our Health Services Department at 515-242-7618.
Additionally, for $20, children over age three can visit the Polk County Health Department for their physical, immunization assessment, lead and hemoglobin blood test, dental screening and dental varnish if applicable. Children with no insurance, inadequate insurance or Title 19 can also receive free immunizations. Call 515-286-3798 to make an appointment.