Open enrollment forms, the Cowles-Walnut preschool application, and within-district transfer forms for the 2018-19 school year are now available below.
Please click on the appropriate link to find the required forms for elementary, middle and high school. All forms must be printed and completed.
Within District Transfer
Open Enrollment (Between District)
Cowles/Walnut Street Preschool
- Elementary School Handbook 2017-18
- Manual de la Escuela Elementaria 2017-18
- Middle School Handbook 2017-18
- Manual de la Escuela Secundaria 2017-18
- Hoover High School Handbook 2016-17
- North High School Handbook 2016-17
- Lincoln High School Handbook 2016-17
- East High School Handbook 2016-17
- Roosevelt High School Handbook 2016-17
- Elementary School Student Physical Form
- Middle/High School Student Physical Form
- Middle School Athletics Registration Form
- Authorization for Exchange of Health Information
- Request for Giving Medicine at School
- Permiso Para Dar Medicamento en La Escuela
- Medication Consent Form
- Certificate of Dental Screening
- Concussion Fact Sheet (signature required)
- District Calendars
- Discipline Code of Conduct (Elementary)
- Discipline Code of Conduct (Middle/High)
- Extracurricular Code of Conduct
- Attendance Policy
- Emergency/Weather Closings
- Transportation Resource Guide
State Law Requires Lead Testing and Dental Screening
New state laws now require proof of blood lead testing of children entering kindergarten and dental screening of children entering kindergarten and 9th grades. Requirements for dental screening also apply to transfer students enrolling into an elementary or high school from a school outside of Iowa. Please check with your health care provider to see if your child has met these requirements. If you need assistance, please contact your school nurse or our Health Services Department at 515-242-7618.
Additionally, for $20, children over age three can visit the Polk County Health Department for their physical, immunization assessment, lead and hemoglobin blood test, dental screening and dental varnish if applicable. Children with no insurance, inadequate insurance or Title 19 can also receive free immunizations. Call 515-286-3798 to make an appointment.