Attendance Area Map
Compare the Current and Proposed Boundaries
The interactive map below provides a look at both the current and proposed attendance areas for elementary schools in Des Moines. Please note the following directions and comments about using the map:
- Controls to zoom in to see additional details on the map are found in the upper left-hand corner of the map; hover your mouse over the map for the + and – to appear.
- To move or “drag” the map, hold the Shift key while clicking and moving your mouse.
- To view the current and proposed attendance areas for a specific school, please use the filter menu found to the right of the map. Click the Current and/or Proposed box at the top of the filter; uncheck the “All” box and then select the school you would like to view.
- Please note that a C next to the school name is for the current school attendance area and a P next to the school name is for the proposed school attendance area; you will need to check both the C and P choices to see the current and proposed attendance areas for an individual school.
- After selecting both the current and proposed attendance area from the list of schools, you may then toggle back and forth by simply clicking the Current and Proposed box at the top of the filter, or see an overlay comparing the two maps by checking both boxes.
- Please note that there are no proposed changes to high school boundaries; if you select Proposed and High School in the filter to the right no map image will appear.
- Boundary lines are drawn for REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY.
NOTE: The map below was last updated on Thursday, 10 and reflects revisions to the original proposal.