All applicants for the vacancy must submit a Letter of Interest and Resume to the Des Moines Public Schools Board of Directors no later than Noon on Monday, February 16, 2015.
A Letter of Interest may include but is not limited to the following:
- Personal Data: name, address, e-mail address, phone number(s)
- Provide proof of residence in the District 2 Boundaries
- Career and Education
- Community and School Service Experience
- Home and Family
- Provide insight into your Knowledge, Skills and Experiences:
- Describe how your work, community, school service, and/or other experiences would assist the District to accomplish its Vision, Mission and Goals for increasing Student Achievement and Success.
- Describe how you would perform as a School Board Member.
- Describe why you believe you would be the best candidate to be appointed to the Des Moines Public Schools Board of Directors
Applicants are also encouraged to attend “How the Board Works: a Workshop on Improving Student Achievement Through Effective Board Governance” on Saturday, February 14 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at North High School. Participation in this event will be a consideration in the Board’s deliberation. More information by downloading this PDF. To register and confirm your attendance, please click here.
All required application materials should be submitted, no later than Noon on February 16, as follows:
DMPS Board of Directors/Vacancy
ATTN: Debra Pendleton
901 Walnut Street
Des Moines, IA 50309