MSE for Veteran Teachers
Thanks to the partnership between Des Moines Public School and Drake University, teachers who have already begun their careers may also take advantage of the opportunity to earn an MSE:
- Drake’s MSE. in Culturally Responsive Leadership and Instruction has six required courses focusing on effective teaching, cultural proficiency, and teacher leadership. Students may then select five classes from the following elective strands: DMPS, Leadership, Equity in Mathematics, STEM, ELL, SPED, Reading, or Gifted and Talented.
- Tuition offered at a significant reduction of only $330/credit hour (otherwise $475/credit). This saves a DMPS grad student just under $5,000 by the end of the degree.
- Salary increases at BA + 15, BA + 30, and MA, MA +15, MA + 30
- The mandatory courses in the degree were created with DMPS’ administrators, coaches, teachers, and Drake faculty to ensure practical application of the theoretical works we study to a DMPS classroom. Program explicitly designed to complement your experience as a DMPS teacher.
- Develop leadership capacity – several of our graduate students are in leadership roles: mentors, school leadership teams, PLC leaders, demonstration classroom teachers, innovation teachers, leading cultural proficiency professional development
- Cohort of DMPS teachers to learn alongside
- Classes are a combination of weekend, evenings, and online
- Program is six semesters long – completed in two calendar years
- For more information, contact Petra Lange of Drake University at email@example.com